Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Creativity should be polyamorus



First a disclaimer: Don’t get detoured by the idea that some religious right may be behind this as the name made me a little hesitant. Bask in the coolness of creative polygamy. This is but another opportunity to be a voyeur of the tangling of technology, design, words, and an idea.
___________________________________________

I saw this dose of cool graphics today and when I read it, I thought to myself how ‘effin’ cool is this? God is used as a noun, adjective, and adverb. At a higher level it shows some correlation to collective situations (i.e. God & coffee/ God & Miracles), but individually it shows how words have different uses and meanings to us.  Many, many years ago, I remember having a friend from Poland who told me they had a more difficult time learning English than Thai…of course in my then very ‘the US and North America are interchangeable’ brain, I thought how in the frig could that be true?!?!!  His response was, English words have so many meanings and don’t even bring slang into it.


No comments: